Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Day 221: Milk formula Nutritional Info

09 Sept 2008



I went over to my mum house for dinner (packed dinner... sighz...). Then we went to Dover NTUC to buy things. Kayden is so busy playing his toys that he wouldn't look up at me when i want to take his pictures. Since he is "not interested" in mummy, i decide to look at different milk formula's nutritional values.

When i compare the nutritional information for Nan 2, Mamil 2, Similac Follow-On. Opps... i find that Dumex Mamil Gold has less a lot of items, such as Nucleotides (GMP, AMP and etc). I dunno whether this is a "kiasu mum" reaction to this. I'm considering to change to a better nutritional formula.

I've change from Nestle Nan 1 to Dumex Mamil Gold for 1 month. Bcos when he take Nan 1, he poo (sticky green) only once every 3 to 4 days or even longer. When i change to Mamil 2, he poo (a bit watery yellow) on alternate day. I understand different infant formula will change in stool pattern. But i'm quite glad he poo more now.

I'm looking at Nan 2, since he take nan 1 but still worry abt the poo issue. Price is quite standard.

I'm also considering Similac Follow-On bcos it's the no. 1 follow up formula in Singapore. I think i'm affected by Zoe's ad. Then the nutritional is consider the highest. But it's real expensive.

But I dunno whether to continue with Mamil 2. It's the cheapest but the milk powder is manufactured in Aust/ NZ but packed in Malaysia. Whereby, the other 2 is manufactured and packed in the 'ang moh' countries. Seems like more trustworthy.

No comments: