30 Aug 2008
I hate porridge. I dislike to cook porridge for Kayden because it so time consuming. I've to spend more than 2 hours to prepare, then more than 30 minutes to feed a little bit, then another 30 minutes to clear up...
Preparation and Cooking >120 minutes
Cook a little bit of rice in water for about 1 hour with small flame, then need to monitor closely and stir, as will need to add water if it dried up. (I've burn the porridge once today, so have to restart again).
On the 2nd try, i chopped the vegetable to add into the porridge then cook for another 1 hour. Also monitor closely. After that, add in minced fish meat (must make sure it's boneless). Cook for another 15 minutes then it's ready!The final product is just 1/4 bowl.
Feeding >30 minutes
Get Kayden to sit his walker and ready for feeding time! I'll need to spend more than 30 minutes to feed just 2 tablespoons of porridge (ERRGGHH...) and use nearly 1/2 box of tissue with all the mess everywhere.
As Kayden can't keep still when i feed him. His head will turn around, his hands will flip around, he will jump up and down, also he will keep his mouth close .
Clearing the mess and washing the dishes >30 minutes
After a few more tries, i'll know he don't want to eat. I'll have to clear up the messes. Clean his mouth, face, fingers, walker and sometime floor. Sighz... Wash the pot, bowls, spoon and etc.
Finishing the remaining (about 3 tablespoons) <5>
Sometime I'll finish the remaining porridge or I'll let Jazz (our dog) finish it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Try cooking porridge with a small slow cooker. It can even cook brown rice til its fluffy & soft without having to stir or worried abt burnt.
I think i need to improve my cooking skill... Haha... i'm considering getting pigeon porridge cooker
Post a Comment