28 Mar 2008
Managed to find the "small note" that Ka Man wrote during Kayden's birthday. I just type them out to keep for memories... just in case i've to tell Kayden next time when he grow up. Hee...
11.00am:
My usual gynae visit, Dr. Chong checked and I'm 3cm dilated with soften cervix.
1.30pm:
After lunch and bath, we went to Mount Alvernia Hospital.
1.40pm:
Admitted to delivery ward with no contraction at all.
1.55pm:
Get change and Clear bowel
2.10pm:
Put on empty drip
3.22pm:
Dr. Chong came and break my waterbag.
3.30pm:
Put on Syntocinon drip at 6ml/hr (a synthetic version of birth hormone, oxytocin) to strengthen contractions.
4.37pm:
Midwife check body temp and blood pressure. Inform me the various options of pain reliefs: Epidural, Entonox and Pethidine. Increase Syntocinon drip to 12ml/hr. Mild contractions came every 5 minutes.
5.00pm:
Midwife came in to increase Syntocinon drip to 24ml/hr.
5.50pm: Stronger contractions came. Midwife came in and is surprise that i didn't use the laughing gas, Entonox. She taught Ka Man how to use it. She also remind me that I can go for Pethidine if I want. I opted for pethidine jab at buttock to relax muscles .
5.55pm:
Dr. Chong came and checked. I'm 6cm dilated.
Pain is quite unbearable, I went for laughing gas, Entonox (mixture of oxygen and nitrous oxide) to feel relax and floating *high*
7.15pm: Midwife came in to checked. I'm 8cm dilated. If i've the urge to push will need to inform doctor.
Doctor is informed and on the way.
7.35pm:
Dr. Chong finally arrived. I'm 9cm and coming to 10cm dilated. Increase Syntocinon drip to 48ml/hr. We can start active labour. PUSH!
After about an hour, Little Kayden is out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment