It's the 1st day for the Huiyi- Chinese Festival of Arts 2009 @ Esplanade. We brought tickets to watch a Chinese theatre play, Design for living. This theatre piece humorously portrays the struggle that urban people today go through when faced with the myriad challenges and complexities of survival and living.
1st time buying and paying full price ticket to watch a play in Esplanade.
I brought the tickets quite last min, so i got the highest level and last row. And the ticket cost me $51 each!
Nice view and i can see the Chingay Parade!
During the play, there have been some technical problems (i think it's the lightnings), so it have a 15 mins intermission after scene 4. Then it restart and replay scene 4. I find it very amazing that the actors and actresses can act the same way as the 1st time. Their dialogue and little small actions! When the scene 4 came to a end, we thought scene 5 is next. It turn out that the technical problem is not solved yet. So another intermission and took more than 30 mins! Finally we can continue. But the usual intermission came after scene 8... and announcement that Esplanade will provide free flow of drinks at the bar. Then everyone goes from "Huh... not again" to "Hooray! Free drinks!"
I overheard a lady said: This is the busiest intermission that she have encounter ever! Look at all the people queuing up for drinks.
The show continue and ended at 12. Here is all the actors and actresses.
When the show ended and the lights are on.
Esplanade continue to open its bar for the free drinks. I've a Moet & Chandon champagne and Ka Man have a beer.
Then we took a taxi home. So tired. I've told my mum, i'll go fetch Kayden tomorrow morning.
After talking so much about me and Ka Man... i've loaded one VERY FUNNY video of Kayden. I'll rate this video 5 STARS!
Background: Kayden is very scare of a lobster-like magnet. I'll placed it in front of the room door, so that he won't enter. It have works (like magic) for many weeks! Kayden will crawl toward the room door but will stop and look at the "lobster" with fear in his eyes.
BUT this time, he have find his way to revenge!
ENJOY!




No comments:
Post a Comment